Fremont’s historic Patterson House was open for Christmas tours in December, and the Dining Room was decorated by a group from St James’. On a Sunday afternoon in November we gathered there and had a wonderful time creating a display we were proud to put our name on. Lots of laughter, bonding of new and old friends, a bit of give-and-take; the final product sparkled and shone for all who walked through. If you weren’t able to join us this year, we plan to do it again next Christmas.
St James’ and the home were significant parts of life in Fremont throughout the late 1800’s and into the 20th century. The house is located on the grounds of Ardenwood Farm, and though closed for the season now, it will reopen in April with tours each weekend. The original house was built in 1857, was added onto in approximately 1889, and updated to the current size in 1915. There’s no documentation of where (or if) the Pattersons attended church, but members of the family likely came to St James’ at some time or another, perhaps for a wedding or funeral. It is very appropriate for St James’ to have a connection with the house and to share our history.
People in the group photo – Bruce, Amy, Linda, Connie, Callie and Kim, Katie, Elaine, Laura
~ Laura Winter



