There are many, many ways of contributing to and through St. James’. We have people who:
- Contribute to the financial health of the church through the Endowment Board, Stewardship Committee, fundraising, pledging a portion of their treasure.
- Help with the spiritual formation of all generations through participating in Adult Faith Formation, Episcopal Youth Fremont, Sunday School, Bible study, join in the Women’s Spirituality Group, help with Summer Day Camp, serve on the Healing Team, bring communion as a Lay Eucharistic Visitor.
- Join in church governance by being on the Vestry, joining as a Deanery Representative, contributing to Diocesan Committees, assisting with Deanery events.
- Get the word out by contributing to our newsletter, weekly email, Sunday news sheet, advertise our special events, design and update our website, create our outdoor banners, follow up with visitors, invite friends to join us.
- Help keep our grounds beautiful by joining the periodic campus clean-ups, tending the Memorial Garden, serving on the Little Church Restoration Committee, and taking care of many other building and grounds maintenance issues.
- Join in making Sunday worship happen by being on the Worship Committee, serving as a Lay Eucharistic Minister or Acolyte, singing in the Choir, serving as a reader, contributing to the liturgical decorations, serving as an usher or greeter, creating the sacred space through the Altar Guild.
- Create community by organizing and joining in the Men’s Summer Trip, Ladies Retreat (aka Flatlanders), Available for Lunch, Food & Fellowship Dinners, Tai Chi. Assist with keeping the kitchen orderly, contribute to Sunday Coffee Hour, assist with receptions for funerals and other events, work on the annual John McCutcheon Concert, help other parishioners through St. James’ Cares.
- Reach out to the greater community through serving meals at Sunrise Village and Centerville Free Dining Room, donating school supplies for children through Tri-City Volunteers, re-housing families through Abode Home Warming, bringing light to the homebound at Hillside Senior Care Center, serving children through Abode Kidz.
…and all the other things not listed due to the number of things people do around here!