For the eighth year in a row St. James’ will again this year be collecting school supplies to support children and young people preparing for a new year at school or college.
Success in school is influenced by many factors but the simple act of being prepared, having the supplies you need, not being different from your peers is a really good start. We support Abode Services along with Union City Family Center both of whom work to supply children and young people with the supplies they need for school success. In addition we will be exploring ways we can respond to the new needs of teachers and students in our community.
We have two options as to how you can support our school supplies drive this year:
- Make a cash or check donation to St. James’ labelled “school supplies”. Drop your donation into the office or mail it to PO Box 457, Fremont, CA 94537 by August 7 2022.
- If you want to order or shop for your own supplies you can drop off at St. James’ by early August. A list of the supplies being requested can be seen below or downloaded HERE.
In addition to school supplies shower gel and deodorant are needed. Both Jr. High and High school students have a particular need for black or blue high school/college backpacks.
For more information please email our Children and Youth Minister, Jan Scrutton at email@example.com
School supplies list for 2022
- Need back packs Blue or Blue for Jr. High and High school students
- Deodorant & Shower gel.
- Spiral notebooks ( regular and college rule)
- Composition notebook
- Graph paper
- Notebook Paper ( regular and college rule)
- Binders ( 2-4 inch)
- Sheet protectors
- Index Dividers
- Subject Dividers
- Pocket Folders
- Post it notes
- Index cards
- Glue sticks
- White glue
- Markers (washable is good)
- Kid Scissors (all ages – round and Sharp)
- Pencil cases
- Paper clips
- White erasers (this is preferred)
We do not need
- Ink Pens