In conjunction with Grace Cathedral, San Fransisco
In July 2024 a group of young people from EYF, along with our Children & Youth Minister Jan, will be joining others from Grace Cathedral Youth Group on a pilgrimage to Alabama and Georgia. This trip is intended to be challenging, inspiring and life changing as we visit places of significance in the Civil Rights Movement and consider how the fight for justice continues today.
Included in our itinerary are:
- The Raymond Pettus Bridge, Selma
- The Legacy Museum: from Slavery to Mass Incarceration, Montgomery
- The National Memorial for Peace and Justice, Montgomery
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Atlanta
- The Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Park, Atlanta
- The Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta
We will be doing some fundraising to help offset costs for participants, look out for opportunities to support us.
If you’d like to help donations can be made to St. James’ Episcopal Church, please include ‘Youth Pilgrimage’ on the memo line/envelope. Funds will support EYF participants equally.
To see a film of the 2023 Pilgrimage, click on the link below: