Congregations are the means the church has chosen to invite people into relationship with God and with those who know God. “Will you strive for justice and peace among all people and respect the dignity of every human being?” (Baptismal Covenant, Book of Common Prayer). Please contact the Vestry with any questions.
Below are only some of our parish activities:
- ABODE Services – St. James’ is an integral part of this program, which offers housing programs linked to supportive services for homeless families, single adults and youth. We serve meals, donate goods and participate in the Winter Relief Program.
- ABODE Services – Sunrise Village – Members of St. James provide
dinner at the TCHC Sunrise Village homeless shelter on the first and third Saturdays. In the Fall, we also partner with St. Anne’s to provide new shoes for Sunrise Village children.
- ABODE Services – Homewarming – In conjunction with ABODE, St. James’ helps get families off the streets and into their own apartments by providing furniture, household goods, linens, and other essential items so the families can set up their household.
- Centerville Free Dining Room – Teams rotate in helping to serve meals each month.
- Eucharistic Visitors – Licensed, trained visitors are available for home and hospital visits, bringing the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Healing Ministry – Healing Ministers are available for healing prayers during and after church services. Additionally, the Circle of Prayer is a group of men and women who pray for others daily.
- Loss Support Groups – A fellowship group which forms as needed for those who are grieving.
- Maisha Bora Initiative – The Maisha Bora Youth Program is an initiative in Kenya that creates a pathway for children to attend high school and university through donated funds.