St. James’ was established in 1867 and has been an integral part of the Fremont community ever since.
Below please find our schedules and plans for our celebration!
You can read a little about our history here.
|March||Create list of invitees.|
"Save the Date" posters for church hall.
|Laura & Meg|
|Names & addresses|
|Send out info about events.|
Ducks for Bucks table
|Meg & Laura|
|List of events|
Materials for display
|1st Sun: Pentecost|
Sunday School picnic
Evelyn & Ashley
|4th July Parade|
St. James' Day
VBS - In This House
|Register, banner, participants||
|August||Family Picnic||Jeannie - face painting
Gregg & Cathy - activities
|September||Put up displays/photo gallery in church hall.||Mary M. & Bruce||Artifacts & display cases||Katie C.|
|October||Article for Tri-City Voice||Jan S.||Article & pictures||Bruce & Vivienne|
|November 5th||Bishop's Visit|
Art work & info
|Lori - liturgy
Jennifer - music
John T. - bulletin
|November 5th||Celebration after service||Food - cater|
Set up/clean up
EJ for music
Elaine & Linda
Dave, Gregg, Ralph, Cathy
|December||Time Capsule||Artifacts, pictures|
Other activities/events, not yet calendared:
- St. James’ history book – John Maloney to write, Ralph to help with publishing.
- St. James’ Windows history – Patty Lacy, Tim Swensen, Jan Brandt, John Maloney, Bruce Roberts
- St. James’ Cookbook – Jim Cunningham
- National Night Out Event – Elaine & Gregg
- Displays in the history museum and library – Patty will coordinate and investigate
- Obtain statements from local politicians and government officials – EJ with help from Vivienne
- Create certificates of appreciation for long-time members – Nancy S. & Jan B.
- Design and print commemorative tee shirts – Jan S. will investigate