150th anniversary t-shirts are now available to order!
To celebrate our 150th Anniversary we are having celebration t-shirts printed and they can be ordered between now and June 11. They will arrive in time for those marching in the 4th July parade to wear them, or to be worn for St. James’ Day, in addition to deanery and community events. Our full 150th design appears on the back of the shirts with a smaller design on the front.
To order, check out the table (with sample sizes) on the patio on Sunday May 28th, June 4th and 11th, drop into the office, or complete the order form available here and mail it in by June 11.
Any questions email our children’s minister Jan Scrutton at email@example.com
St. James’ was established in 1867 and has been an integral part of the Fremont community ever since.
Below please find our schedules and plans for our celebration!
You can read a little about our history here.
|March||Create list of invitees.|
"Save the Date" posters for church hall.
|Laura & Meg|
|Names & addresses|
|Send out info about events.|
Ducks for Bucks table
|Meg & Laura|
|List of events|
Materials for display
|1st Sun: Pentecost|
Sunday School picnic
Evelyn & Ashley
|4th July Parade|
St. James' Day
VBS - In This House
|Register, banner, participants||
|August||Family Picnic||Jeannie - face painting
Gregg & Cathy - activities
|September||Put up displays/photo gallery in church hall.||Mary M. & Bruce||Artifacts & display cases||Katie C.|
|October||Article for Tri-City Voice||Jan S.||Article & pictures||Bruce & Vivienne|
|November 5th||Bishop's Visit|
Art work & info
|Lori - liturgy
Jennifer - music
John T. - bulletin
|November 5th||Celebration after service||Food - cater|
Set up/clean up
EJ for music
Elaine & Linda
Dave, Gregg, Ralph, Cathy
|December||Time Capsule||Artifacts, pictures|
Other activities/events, not yet calendared:
- St. James’ history book – John Maloney to write, Ralph to help with publishing.
- St. James’ Windows history – Patty Lacy, Tim Swensen, Jan Brandt, John Maloney, Bruce Roberts
- St. James’ Cookbook – Jim Cunningham, Bruce Roberts, John Maloney
- National Night Out Event – Elaine & Gregg
- Displays in the history museum and library – Patty will coordinate and investigate
- Obtain statements from local politicians and government officials – EJ with help from Vivienne
- Create certificates of appreciation for long-time members – Nancy S. & Jan B.
- Design and print commemorative tee shirts – Jan S. will investigate